LogiGear Announces TestArchitect Hosted on Docker Image
TestArchitect integrates with Docker to save time, resources and labor
San Mateo, CA, May 8th, 2018 — LogiGear, a world leader in software testing solutions, today announced the release of TestArchitect on the Docker Image. This version of TestArchitect seamlessly integrates with Docker, the world’s leading software container platform to simplify integration with third party tools, enable an unlimited number of tests, driving down the cost of test execution.
Developers use Docker to eliminate “works only on my machine” problems when collaborating on code with co-workers. Operators use Docker to run and manage apps side-by-side in isolated containers to get better computing density. Enterprises use Docker to build agile software delivery pipelines to ship new features faster, more securely and with confidence for both Linux and Windows Server apps. With TestArchitect hosted on Docker Image, users no longer need to deploy the test tool to worker/execution machines, a great advantage in environments with a significant amount of virtual machines or cloud instances.
LogiGear’s TestArchitect is a module-based, action-driven test acceleration platform that reduces the time required to create, maintain, and execute large-scale test automation. TestArchitect optimizes test automation production by scaling up test execution, allowing a large number of automated tests to run in parallel, enabling tests to be written in a plain text, business-readable, domain specific language using action keywords. Actions replace multiple lines of code, minimizing the programming support needed to automate tests. When the application under test changes, hundreds of tests can be updated simply by changing the properties of a few actions, reducing the time and effort required to maintain suites of tests.
TestArchitect Docker Image Features:
- TestArchitect controller – Manages test automation and handles automated testing of an application running on other controller machines.
- TestArchitect command line – With this tool, tests can be launched from a command shell. When incorporated into batch files, the command line extends the flexibility of test execution, especially from the standpoint of scheduling.
- TestArchitect Automation – With support for running TestArchitect image on Ubuntu 16.04.
- Automation libraries, including, API testing and Chrome testing to scale up test execution.
- Support for automation on Headless Chrome: Users are now able to run automated tests in the headless mode of Chrome on version 65.
- Java harness – For programming user-scripted actions in Java.
“Docker is the main solution to support the use of containers across the hybrid cloud. Its ubiquitous adoption since its introduction in 2013 makes it the premier platform for testing and deploying applications and services,” said Hans Buwalda, CTO of LogiGear. “We are pleased to introduce TestArchitect on the Docker Hub to provide our clients with a path to building and shipping applications faster and easier.”
LogiGear is a boutique software testing and software development company, and developer of the TestArchitect keyword-driven test automation framework. With a no-coding approach, TestArchitect helps improve automated testing in Agile development by enabling early test development, reducing the time to create and maintain reliable test automation. To get a free copy of TestArchitect, visit testarchitect.com and download TestArchitect team today.
For more information or interview requests:
Smart Connections PR